If you are having breast augmentation surgery, a healthy recovery process should be a top priority.
Not only will your outcome depend on a proper recovery post-breast augmentation, but the process is also critical to avoiding unwanted risks and side effects.
If you aren’t careful, you could prolong your recovery time, experience unnecessary discomfort, compromise your look, or encounter future problems.
Breast augmentation is ranked as the most popular cosmetic surgery performed in the United States. It offers patients a variety of benefits, including greater self-confidence and improved appearance. It can even boost your relationship with your mate by helping you to feel sexy and secure.
In order to get the most satisfying results from your surgery, you need to know what to do in the days following your procedure.
Read on to learn the do’s and don’ts of breast augmentation after care!
Breast Augmentation After Care
Breast enhancement has received over forty years of research and testing. During this time the procedure has proven safety and efficacy, according to Medscape‘s online health site.
Following a few simple breast augmentation after care suggestions will help you to optimize your surgical experience.
Things to DO After Breast Augmentation
Here are some things that you will definitely want to do after your procedure.
- Do give yourself plenty of time to recover and rest
- Do sleep on your back, propped at an incline
- Do take any medications as prescribed
- Do wear a full coverage therapy sports bra
- Do eat healthy and practice self-care
- Do begin to slowly add more activity once you are feeling up to it
- Do perform any recommended breast exercises
- Do attend the follow-up appointment as scheduled
- Do call your doctor if you experience fever, severe pain and/or swelling, or other serious symptoms, such as extreme nausea, vomiting, or fainting
Keep an eye on the area and call your doctor if you experience any major discomfort or even if you become suspicious that something isn’t quite right. Listening to what your body tells you can be a big help.
Don’t Do This After Breast Augmentation
It may feel that you have to follow a lot of rules during the first few days. But, in the end, it will be well worth your patience.
In the meantime, here’s what you shouldn’t do after breast augmentation surgery.
- Don’t rush your recovery
- Don’t ignore any unusual symptoms
- Don’t wear an underwire bra
- Don’t lift arms over your head or make any sudden movements
- Don’t be afraid to ask your doctor’s office questions
- Don’t worry about bruising or soreness immediately
- Don’t spend much time without wearing a support bra
When in doubt, it never hurts to put a call into your surgeon and ask them questions. After all, they want to be sure that you are satisfied with your decision.
Are You Interested in Breast Enhancement Surgery?
If you have always wanted full, beautiful breasts, we can help.
Our professional staff includes experienced and talented physicians that can answer any questions that you may have.
Book an appointment with us today to learn more about breast augmentation and breast augmentation after care.